Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pampering Mom for Less!

Ok… I love to be showered with gifts on Mother’s Day…but to be completely honest….my ultimate gift would be a magic show, I want my husband to play David Copperfield and make himself and the kids disappear for a day.
Seriously my ultimate gift would be a day of peace and quiet. As a mother of three…I am a chef, maid, chauffeur, psychologist, nurse, and cheerleader, (if Dad has his way that is)
From the informal poll I took with my friends our perfect gift would be relaxing while our homes are being cleaned, laundry done, and meals cooked… not just for the day…but for the whole week. I know what you’re thinking, good luck with that, so I have come up with an idea.
An ideal gift would be a coupon book for Mom. Husbands and the kids can make a little coupon book that gives mom a total break anytime she chooses to redeem them.

A few ideas are: Day off from carpool duty, no laundry for a week, massage from Dad (for more than 5 minutes husbands!), movie night (Mom’s choice…get your tissues ready), no cooking for a day!, ½ off housework, get one kid to clean their room, the second one free.

And listen, breakfast in bed is still a great idea! How about purchasing a heart shaped cookie cutter to make mom either pancakes, English muffins, or French toast! My daughter loves to do this. She uses cookie cutters to cut out heart shaped muffins and uses chocolate syrup to decorate with a smiley face. Sure it leaves a bigger mess than the mortgage crisis but it melts me every time. For some amazing gourmet breakfast treats order online at www.wolfermans.com


Keepsake gifts are so special. A few years ago, I went online to photobucket.com and ordered my Mom a coffee mug with my children’s picture on it. She drinks out of it every day! I want one now. It is affordable and only takes a couple days turnaround time to arrive in the mail. You just have to be sure to get an updated picture on the mug every year or two or you’ll get freaked out when they’re drinking a mocha-chino next to you and their baby picture is on it.

And guys…whether your Mom is across town, across the country or sadly still across the hall, I have done a search on some great gifts that are really affordable and look like you spent a ton of money…Harry and David. (www.harryanddavid.com) I love chocolate and gourmet food! If you check out their gifts online, you will see how beautifully packaged their gifts are and they are chock full of some of the most well known gourmet foods in the country. The secret is it will look like you spent a ton of money…and you didn’t. But doesn’t mom deserve the best?

1 comment:

AmyJanel said...

What great ideas! Is it wrong to email this posting to hubby?

ha ha
:)